Saturday, March 30, 2013

I can't even

Life has a way of making everything crappy in the past couple of days. Well, if I'm being honest, it's probably more like this whole semester. Or year. Yeah, year. But I'm trying to be optimistic. And bing e watching "awkward" all day has inspired me to blog about it.

Without going into too much detail, a year full of heartbreak followed by a huge amount of work along with getting in trouble for trivial things that honestly don't matter in the real world, has, to put it simply, put in a bad mood. I'm not saying that breaking the rules is okay, but it kind of is given the circumstances they were broken under. I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm graduated in two months, and that guy I was hung up on will be far, far away, and all these stupid punishments will be over with. I just don't want to leave with a bad taste in my mouth.

It'll get better though, right? It always gets better. I just wish I wasn't feel like the world is against me. I'm trying not to be so dramatic, but it can be hard not to fall into that trap when it feels like the world is against me.

Goodness it's hard to type on an iPad.

It just sucks when you try to be a good person and do the right things and the smallest moment of irresponsibility is how people will see you forever. Don't the other parts count? I'd say I'm a rule follower 99 percent of the time, but that one little damn percent will get in there. It'll get in there when your friend gives you a wonderful gift of alcohol from St. Croix for your birthday and since it's over 14 percent alcohol content, you're in trouble. It'll get you when you don't feel good at night and the person you call is a boy instead of a girl, and that's against the rules after 2am, and it has the power to determine how you live at school until you graduate.

That little one percent will get you. I hate that little one percent. Especially when I was so innocent in both instances of misbehaving.

To whoever read this, thanks for letting me vent. I realize my problems aren't the biggest in the world, but when it's what you're up against all at once, they can feel like monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment