Friday, March 22, 2013

"Rust and Bone," Not Worth It

So I just saw the movie "Rust and Bone" with Matthias Schoenaerts and Marion Cotillard, and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed.  I'm a huge fan of Marion, so I automatically assume anything I see with her in it I'm going to love, but this movie just didn't do it for me.


I can't really give a synopsis of the movie because I don't really know what the plot was. A woman and a man meet one night at a club, the man was the bouncer, and he takes her home after she was hit in the face. He leaves his number with her. She's a whale trainer, and she loses both of her legs one day at a show. I would say this drives the narrative, as the two become closer because of this accident, but then the story goes nowhere. The protagonist, the man, is a pretty unlikeable guy throughout the whole film, and I don't see any development in him until the very end, and even then, there wasn't much of a resolution to anything. But there wasn't much happening for a resolution to happen. 



I really wish I liked the movie, I was really excited to see it. But I found myself continuously waiting for something to happen that a narrative could follow, and instead, random things happened that led to nowhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment