Monday, August 6, 2012

Film Festivals

And it's Monday.

Good thing is, I'm going down the shore this week!  So yes, it's Monday, but the start of a great week.  What does everyone have planned?

So I know I'm on a bit of a movie kick, but one of my favorite things right now (and in general) are film festivals.  Reasons I love them?




1. There is just no where else where you can watch short films on a big screen.
2. The amount of creativity in the films.  You can't find it in mainstream media.  I mean, "Sundance" is where where Paranormal Activity and 500 Days of Summer got discovered.
3. You see so much at once-- animation, drama, comedy, shorts, features, everything.
4. The works are so different.  The story lines are meant to be more real and honest (that was what the independent movie wave was trying to capitalize on).
5. The soundtracks are awesome!
6. The acting is almost always incredible.
7. The atmosphere of a film festival is just too cool.






What are some of the film festivals you guys like?  I've been to local ones in Philly and the South Jersey area, and all have been a positive experience.  But my dream is to go to "Sundance" or "Cannes" one day =)


Happy Monday!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment