Monday, August 13, 2012

Life in a Day

I just finished watching the documentary "Life in a Day" on Netflix and wow, it hit me.  So I had to say something about it.

The film asked for submissions from people around the world to document their life on July 24, 2010.  It's interesting, because if someone asked me what this film was about, I don't know what I'd say.  I'd just say to watch it.  It's extremely difficult to explain a feeling a powerful film gives you, and it's even more enticing that this film was powerful with such a simple concept-- a day in the life.

First, it's very eye-opening.  Watching all of these different cultures is just a reminder that there's a big world out there.  People are going about their lives right now in China, to the South Pacific, to Poland.  I know we all know this, but seeing it right there in front of you is an entirely different and moving thing. 

Second, I really liked how the film was put together.  It takes you throughout the day from morning to night switching between people.  The filmmakers also asked very simple questions for people to answer in their submissions, which allows us to be a part of the people's minds in a more profound way.  But simply following someone's day really makes you feel connected to them, even if they aren't saying anything.

Just wanted to say that I highly recommend this documentary, it was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment